Wednesday, December 24, 2003

I came, I saw, I left.

Yes folks, it has finally happend, Ed has taken Manhatten. Where did I take it? Well, it's quite large and very heavy so I really couldn't take it anywhere, but I walked all over it. Well, thats not quite true either... I actually only walked a small portion of the distance I travelled, the rest was spent in the quiet and sublime squalor of the subway... which really wasn't that quiet or sublime. Yes, there were some of the things one would have expected and litter was everywhere, but other than that, not quite what is depicted in the movies. I didn't even see a giant Judas bug! What a freaking jip! I did get to go to a few places and see some sights. We went to Little India and to what I believe was 6th St. where we ate at the Raj Mahal, a fine little indian restaurant which served lunch until 5:30. Very recommended. From there we took the subway to China Town. China town rocks... it is what I would imagine Hong Kong is like, only with fewer people. So from China town we walked, and walked, and walked, to a place where there were almost no pedestrians. I was told we were walking by row after row of office building... and the giant backs of shredded paper kinda helped that hypothesis. Then we found a subway to take us to Rockafeller Centre where we saw the giant christmas tree and the people who skate in the giant pit. Lo to those who skate during the Rancor show, as it is your doom. From RC we went to the subway again, made a whole bunch of transfers and then eventually wound up back at Penn Station where we caught the 9 o'clock train to Ronkoncoma (I think thats how it is spelled...). Penn station is most impressive... as it is near the Manhatten Mall, which is also impressive. So much stuff underground, but I guess if you have the entire surface covered with people and buildings, the only place to go is down, huh?


Current State: Tired

Current Mood: Optomistic

Current Emote: ^_~

Current Tarot: It's in NH!

Current Music: The sounds of wind and rain.

"We sit together,the mountain and I
until only the mountain remains." - Li Po

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home