Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Did anyone know my secret aspiration is to be a singer of songs and writer of poetry? Hmm... More the latter than the former, I suppose. Even if most of my poems come out like angsty crap.

Without Title I

Through bitter cold of frozen fields,
with wandering soul which never yields.
To seek aimless dreams past each hill,
I search my world for meaning still.
With heavy heart that's led astray,
by yearnings of mind and soul every day,
I long for a sign upon the horizon
that will dispel the misery road I walk on.
But forever looking forward still confounds,
since a warmth can now be felt near by me.
And though my mind is led away,
my heart beats closer in each way
to this answer to the soul and mind,
both of which still cannot find
this sight before me that could fill the void-
with a happy heart and a smiling joy.
My mind has blinded my eyes to her,
and my souls cries in a spiritual blur.
But the heart cannot deny what it sees,
within this shining effigy of hope
who could bring sight to my mind,
and wipe my soul clean.

And now, one of my favorite lyrics from one of my favorite songs.

"Been draggin' this past
all over town
with my life still in it
Every single minute-"

- "Southwestern State" - Seven Mary Three

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home